Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mumbai.... Its HOT!

So I left Shivpuri, Rishikesh, the Ganga, and all my awesome friends that I lived with for the last 2 months.. it has been bitter-sweet. I will miss my good buddies and the Holy Ganga.
But that's ok, because I am on to the last chapter of India... I am in Mumbai! It is way hot and way humid! But, I like it here because I met a dude last night that was super strong. He told me so.. well, actually he didn't actually speak a lick of English, but through sign language and a little help from my pal Estene and his broken English, I learned that this wiry old man with a dandy white, push broom mustache had eaten over one thousand light bulbs and gives a delightfuly mean massage. Apparently, he grinds up the lightbulb into a fine powder and swallows it on down. He showed me how hard he could hit his own stomach, he was actually rather powerful for a buck five, so I believed him that he really was very strong. However, I declined ingesting lightbulbs for myself.
Well, I have been sick of Indian food for a few weeks now. Actually more sick of all the grease/oil and copius amounts of salt and the same spices. Plus I have had a stomach bug for the last ten days that doesn't allow anything to stay inside me for very long. It's cool, If this bug stays with me, I'm probably only a week away from my golden weight!
I will only be in Mumbai for about a week, which would be cool, except my river here is dam release and they have stopped releasing water for another week, which means no rafting for me on the kundalika river. We have taught all the white water rescue and first aid stuff. We usually hide in our cave/ concrete bedroom during the heat of the day.. but I have been getting the itch... For adventure! So I rode a stray cow yesterday.. kind of. It didn't last very long. I rode a different cow this morning.. still not much better. Hopefully I'll get an 8 second ride before I leave this place. I have been wanting to ride rogue cows ever since I got here, however I have been worried that some people might find that sacrilegious... Cause cows are holy here and stuff.. luckily all I have gotten is smiles from the onlookers! Sorry I am not able to show any rodeo pics at this time... They are on another camera!
Done.

this was cool because i hadn't seen a sunset for a long, long time. i had been too deep in the canyons of the Himalayan foothills.


our new crew of guides showed us around on our first night in Kolad and hooked us up with a bunch of bananas from our friendy neighbor banana grower..



i was about to swim in this lake to cool off, but it was like 85 degrees and stagnant. beautiful, but stagnant.

No comments: